ASP.NET MVC 4 puts its focus on making it easier to develop mobile web applications. In this hands-on lab, you will start with the MVC 4 Internet Application project template and create a Photo Gallery application. You will progressively enhance the application using jQuery Mobile together with MVC 4 new features, to make it work great across different mobile devices and desktop web browsers. You will also learn about new code recipes for code generation and how MVC 4 makes it easier to write asynchronous action methods by supporting ActionResult return types.
- Exercise 1: New MVC4 Project Templates
- Exercise 2: Creating the Photo Gallery Web Application
- Exercise 3: Adding support for mobile devices
- Exercise 4: Using Asynchronous Controllers
- Appendix: Using Code Snippets